Which one is your favorite?
Aluminum Foil - who knew there were so many ways to re-use it?
* Paint and plaster texture: Use crumpled up foil to add interesting texture to painting and plastering projects. Also when you're painting, old foil is handy for masking doorknobs and other fixtures you don't want painted, and wrapping your paintbrushes and rollers in during a lunch break.
* Wash it and use it again, and again, and again. Wash it with soap and water, lay it flat and smooth it with your hands or a rolling pin. (Do not use it again for food purposes if it has been contact with raw meat.)
* Sharpen scissors and garden shears: fold the foil so it's six to eight layers thick, then cut thru it a few times with dull scissors to instantly sharpen them. To sharpen hefty garden and pruning shears, fold the foil so that it's even thicker.
* Reduce static cling: I don't understand how it works, but if you throw a crumpled piece of aluminum foil into the clothes dryer, it seems to magically reduce static electricity. A true miracle of cheapskate science.
* Deter pets and other animals: cats, dogs, and other animals can't stand aluminum foil! Use it to break their bad habits.
* Make metals shine: Scrub rust off of steel and chrome with a wad of aluminum foil, it works even better than steel wool!
* Shim a table leg: Ball up some old foil for under the short leg of an uneven table to make it a level field once again.
* Scrub grills and baked-on messes: A wad of used foil makes a great scouring pad for cleaning the gunk off BBQ grills and stuck-on food from pots, pans, and inside ovens.
* Repair stripped threads: got a nut, bolt or screw with stripped threads? Wrap a little aluminum foil around the bolt or screw and try gently tightening it again. A quick temporary fix.
Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-green/blogs/save-money/aluminum-foil-recycled-460210#ixzz0lqNfATLx
Lisa Ryan, Owner
Smart Move Design
Professional Home Staging and Redesign
Serving Syracuse, NY and surrounding areas.
- ► 2011 (262)
- ▼ 2010 (88)
- ► 2009 (46)