In my never ending quest to find new uses for old items, I came across a multitude of creative ways to repurpose today's worn out nylon pantyhose
- Tie up tomato vines and other plants to keep them off the ground.
- Fill a tube with old soap slivers to use every last bit of lather.
- Corral bath salts the next time you soak in the tub.
- Store wrapping paper. Use one roll per leg and hang them in a closet. The edges won't fray and they will stay organized.
- Cover your rolling pin with a tube of pantyhose to prevent wet flour from sticking.
- Next time you lose something small and valuable, wrap a piece of pantyhose over the nozzle of your vacuum cleaner. Sweep it over the floor and your lost item should stick to your new pantyhose filter.
- Crumple up a pair and use as a pot or dish scrubber.
- Fill a leg with lavender or cedar chips and hang in your closet.
- When repotting houseplants place a circle of pantyhose in the bottom of the pot to prevent soil erosion.
sources: green planet, daily green
Lisa Ryan is owner of Smart Move Design, a home staging and redesign company serving Syracuse, central, and northern NY.