Nashville

Yesterday, I braved the freezing - yes, freezing - weather and participated with 30 other photographers in a photo walk of downtown Nashville. In attendance were the owners of the IHeartFaces blog as well as photographer Michael Howard. Michael challenged us to get out of our photographic comfort zone. For me, that meant shooting at different angles and looking for ordinary things to make a little less ordinary through the use of my camera.

My favorite part of the walk was watching the other photographers and how they chose to shoot things - physically AND conceptually. Looking at their results compared to mine - not to see what's better, but to see what's different...taking those differences and allowing them to stretch me and grow me out of my comfort zone.



dirty bike


rusty lock


fire hydrant


gum on a wall